none
Accessing z/OS VSAM file via Host Integration Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any documentation available (examples/screenshots), which can explain how to access z/OS VSAM File via Host Integration Server 2010. I already have the LU Name of DFM (Distributed File Manager) and a working Host Integration Server (2010). I am using "Data Tool" to configure the connection, but it's not working. Any directions will be deeply appreciated.

Ankur.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:10 PM

Answers

• if you did not have Visual Studio installed 1st (installing both c++ and c#), the design tools would not have been installed. Try reinstalling HIS 2010 on top of itself. Samples are located in your %snaroot%\..\sdk folder (mine at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Host Integration Server 2010\sdk\Samples\EndToEndScenarios\WoodgroveBank), there are 2 files which pertain to using the host file provider (Readme-AccountManagement-HostFileProvider.txt and Readme-AccountManagement-HostFileProvider-Offline.txt). These point to other files which indicate how to setup the mainframe for this particular scenario. It's very simple. We hope to have more advanced documentation in the future. The samples were originally created using Visual Studio 2005, but you should have no problems with Visual Studio 2010.
    Charles Ezzell - MSFT
    Friday, March 11, 2011 8:23 PM

All replies

• Is there any documentation available (examples/screenshots), which can explain how to access z/OS VSAM File via Host Integration Server 2010. I already have the LU Name of DFM (Distributed File Manager) and a working Host Integration Server (2010). I am using "Data Tool" to configure the connection, but it's not working. Any directions will be deeply appreciated.

Ankur.

I also tried installing "Visual Studio 2010" to create a "Host Integration Project", but the option "Host Integration Project" is not coming in the Project types. Any way, by which I can get "Host Integration Project" added to the list of Project Types in Visual Studio 2010 will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:03 PM
  • You might want to take a look in the HIS 2010 SDK under the following location:

\SDK\Samples\EndToEndScenarios\WoodgroveBank

This is an End-To-End sample that utilizes many HIS features including the Host File Provider.

You might want to start with the following readme files:

Readme-AccountManagement-HostFileProvider.txt
    Readme-08-DFM-Configure-HIS.txt

As far as the Visual Studio Design Tools did you happen to install Visual Studio 2010 with C++ and C#? If you didn't install C++ & C#, that may be why you are not seeing the Host Integration Projects options listed.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Friday, March 11, 2011 8:06 PM
  • if you did not have Visual Studio installed 1st (installing both c++ and c#), the design tools would not have been installed. Try reinstalling HIS 2010 on top of itself. Samples are located in your %snaroot%\..\sdk folder (mine at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Host Integration Server 2010\sdk\Samples\EndToEndScenarios\WoodgroveBank), there are 2 files which pertain to using the host file provider (Readme-AccountManagement-HostFileProvider.txt and Readme-AccountManagement-HostFileProvider-Offline.txt). These point to other files which indicate how to setup the mainframe for this particular scenario. It's very simple. We hope to have more advanced documentation in the future. The samples were originally created using Visual Studio 2005, but you should have no problems with Visual Studio 2010.
    Charles Ezzell - MSFT
    Friday, March 11, 2011 8:23 PM