Windows 7 auto update September 18 2014 RRS feed

• Question

• When my computer updates Windows 7 after September 18 2014, I no longer have access to the internet via internet explorer 11. There seems to be connection to the internet but neither Internet Explorer or Google Chrome connect to the internet. When I restore my computer to September 17, 2014 I again have no problem accessing the Internet by any browser. This has happened numerous times during the last few days. Which Windows update is causing this problem ? (I have now closed down the Windows updates to prevent this problem to repeat itself) I am planning to reopen the updates after I get an answer to this problem

Looking forward to some info

Sunday, September 21, 2014 1:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue can be caused by incorrect configuration of updates, please let us know the updates you installed which may cause your issue.

Also, to know which certain update does this, I recommend you to check for updates and install them one by one to see after which the issue appeared.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharmaEditor Monday, September 29, 2014 2:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, September 29, 2014 9:28 AM
    Monday, September 22, 2014 9:42 AM

All replies

• What updates are you installing ? Also check if there are any driver updates for the network adaptor. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, September 22, 2014 2:16 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

This issue can be caused by incorrect configuration of updates, please let us know the updates you installed which may cause your issue.

Also, to know which certain update does this, I recommend you to check for updates and install them one by one to see after which the issue appeared.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharmaEditor Monday, September 29, 2014 2:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, September 29, 2014 9:28 AM
    Monday, September 22, 2014 9:42 AM
  • Any updates?

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:17 PM
    Answerer