none
Custom Task field in Project Server cube RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

I have a enterprise custom task field that I have created in project server and I need to create a KPI against it in the OLAP, however I can't find the custom task field in the OLAP cube configuration in PWA?

Please help

Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

you haven't mentioned the version? Anyway, you will need to add your field to the cube.

PS2007: Server Settings - Configuartion. Add all required fields for each entity to the right column in the first section.
    PS2010: Server Settings - OLAP Database Management - select your cube and click on Configuration. Add all required fields for each entity to the right column in the first section.

Rebuild your cube.
    Does that help?
    Barbara

Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:38 AM
  • Hi ghostme,

In the OLAP configuration page, make sure you select the 'Task' and/or 'Assignment' cube to add the dimension to. By default, the 'Project' cube is selected.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:39 AM
  • Hello Guys,

Thanks for the prompt reply

I am using project server 2010 and I have done exactly as instructed but I can't find the custom field in there, however I notice that only custom field with look up tables are available for me to add.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:49 AM
  • Hi,

Not all custom field types can be added to the OLAP cube. Only Flag fields and fields with a lookup table can be added to the cube.

Check this page http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee767696.aspx more specifically the 'Rules for Custom Fields as Dimensions and Measures' section.

Regards,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:52 AM