Cannot open apps in Win 7 HP after 12 hrs of usage. RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

Gotta problem with my Win 7 Home Premium. After 12 hours of usage (I leave my lap switched on for a whole day sometimes), I cannot open any new programs like links, docs, photos, etc. Yes, those already open can be used, no problem. But if I wanna open a new program, I cannot. For example, when I right-click the taskbar to open the Task Manager, I get the error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

taskmgr.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Windows is original (on my Sony Vaio laptop), with the latest updates, frameworks & AV. Any ideas as to why I cannot open any apps after 12 hrs or so guys? Is it a glitch in Win 7HP? Any registry issue? Please help.

Lyf's short... Enjoy it as much as u can! JithuTC | B.Tech (E&C) ~ MCSE ~ RHCE ~ RHCT ~ CCNA ~ Brainbench-Certified
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:14 AM

All replies

• This behavior can occur if certain DLL files are corrupt and fail to initialize.  Try running SFC /Scannow.  or replace the damaged files.
    Monday, May 9, 2011 12:55 PM