none
Project Server Publish Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We are getting Project Publish error on one of our projects in Project Server 2010. The queue shows that it is 95% complete (see below):

General
    Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Queue.Message:
    ProjectPublishFailure (23000). Details: id='23000' name='ProjectPublishFailure' uid='e7a377a4-a96e-4121-b9b4-186d0f69a4e2' projectuid='fc7b630a-40a5-466b-bf6f-e6083a93ff9e' messagetype='Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.QueueMsg.UpdateWSSCountersMessage' messageID='185' stage='' blocking='DontBlock'.
    Queue:
    GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - ProjectPublish.UpdateWSSCountersMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='536be396-a247-4857-a0c8-7434c009da4e' JobUID='5b6b4714-cae0-46a0-ab1a-f73c4fc78dd2' ComputerName='PRDAPP07' GroupType='ProjectPublish' MessageType='UpdateWSSCountersMessage' MessageId='185' Stage=''. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine PRDAPP07 for entries with JobUID 5b6b4714-cae0-46a0-ab1a-f73c4fc78dd2.

We have already tried the following but the problem is still there:

1) Delete the project from the Publish database and then re-publish

2) Save the project as XML, open the XML in Project Professional and re-publish

3) Use the Save for Sharing option to save and re-publish

Note: What we have noticed though is that if we remove the association between project schedule and pwa site, then it publishes without any errors.

We also created a new pwa site and associated it with the project schedule but the publish error still occurs.

If anybody can offer some advice, that would be great. Thanks.

• Edited by AsimH Monday, December 17, 2012 3:38 PM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is your Microsoft Project Professional version aligned with the latest CU deployed on the server?

Also you can do a quick QA on the plan itself to check whether task names has got special characters such as @,<.>!, etc. We have seen that these are likely to cause publishing problems.

Regards, Naweed

Monday, December 17, 2012 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

As per the error message, it make sense that issue is related to project site and also you have already tried creating new project site.

Is this issue reproducible using new project and new project site?

Could you please review ULS log?

Have you set maximum number of sites settings on content database?

Could you please check size of content database?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, December 17, 2012 11:22 PM
  • I have checked with the DBA and we have adequate room on the DB server.

I have the max number of site collections set to 2 on the project server db.

One message that I see apearing in the logs is:

"All queries combined using a UNION, INTERSECT or EXCEPT operator must have an equal number of expressions in their target lists."

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:00 PM
  • AsimH,

I am not familiar with above error message, you may need to review log from SharePoint Server.

ULS logs are located at  following path on SharePoint Server

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:42 PM
  • I know that it is an old post but I think that this issue might be related to default Project Lists (Documents, Issues, Risks). Please verify if in Project work-space template the lists exist and they have correct permissions set. 

br

Monday, June 15, 2015 2:03 PM