Accidentally imported PST in my current mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hello team, I have accidentally imported PST of my previous company in the current mailbox and I am not able to remove all the settings(calender,mailbox structure). I tried removing profiles, cleaning up the outlook data from Appdata. Still I see the data being downloaded.. Is there a way to disassociate and only have the existing new mailbox?
    Sunday, May 13, 2018 8:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Shashank,

I am afraid there is no option in Outlook to undo an import of PST file. My personal suggestion is that you may change the view of mails, calendars, etc. to list view and delete the unwanted items. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Shashank P Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:12 PM
    Monday, May 14, 2018 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hello Shashank,

How did you import a PST file? Did you configure a new account for that? Have you tried creating a new profile in Outlook?

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Sunday, May 13, 2018 8:46 PM
  • Hello Shashank P,

This forum(Outlook for Developers) is for development issues related to Outlook Object Model and your problem is more related to Outlook product feature, so I would move this thread into Outlook IT Pro Discussions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 14, 2018 5:33 AM
  • Hi Shashank,

I am afraid there is no option in Outlook to undo an import of PST file. My personal suggestion is that you may change the view of mails, calendars, etc. to list view and delete the unwanted items. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Shashank P Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:12 PM
    Monday, May 14, 2018 9:57 AM
  • Hi Shashank,

I observed a similar issue with my colleague. Firstly I deleted all the cache, temp files in C drive.

Secondly, I renamed the .pst file (which was imported to Mail box), then the synch has stopped automatically and the outlook worked as usual. Hope this helps you.

Regards

Gurubharat

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:28 PM