none
DPM: Error 3101 Volume Missing RRS feed

• Question

• Good Afternoon from New Zealand :),

We are running DPM 2010 on Server 2008 R2 Enterprise with 4 2TB Seagate SATA HDD's in RAID 10 for the Storage Pool.

One of the drives was reporting a fault so I replaced it and let the rebuild run. A day or so later we started to get "Recovery point creation failed" and "Consolidation of recovery points of the replica failed" errors. I rebooted the machine as part of my trouble-shooting and noticed that it ran CHKDSK, in the process it deleted a large amount of "Orphan File Records".

After the reboot and chkdsk I opened DPM console to find that we have 95 "Volume Missing" errors.

I checked Disk Management and it is showing what used to be DPM partitions as blank.

Is there anything that I can do to recover this data, or is it lost to the world and better to start over again?

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

Cheers

Alexander Colton

Monday, June 18, 2012 4:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Alexander,

Do you have Secondary DPM protecting primary Replicas or tape backup of your Replicas ?

Stephane.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

Monday, June 18, 2012 8:38 AM
  • Hey Stephane,

Thank you for the reply, we do not have Secondary DPM protecting the primary, we do have however, tape backups to removable disk using firestreamer.

Cheers

Alexander Colton

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:24 AM
  • Hi Alexander,

You will have to :

1- Reallocates all missing replica volumes with DPMSync tool :

DpmSync -ReallocateReplica

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff634215.aspx

2- Manually copy data from Repository/Firestreamer to the DPM Server with mountvol

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399552.aspx

I hope theses links will help you.

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:32 AM
  • Hey Stephane,

Thank you very much for your help :)

Cheers

Alexander Colton

Sunday, June 24, 2012 11:00 PM