Equation insert in word documents RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I inserted the equation using function in the words documents. It will apprear bold  so i will manually unbold and it works fine.

However once i close and reopen the document the bolding of the equation still remains and i dont know how to unbold them permanently

Please advice

Jesmin

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Jesmin,

Does this issue occur to particular documents or it occurs to all documents?
    What’s the version of your Word?

I tested in Word 2013 and Word 2016, the issue didn’t appear in normal style. But when I creating a bold formatting style and applying the style to the equation, the same issue can be reproduced. Please try selecting the equation, change the style to normal via Home > Styles > Normal, then save and reopen the file to see the result.

Besides, you could also try the following steps to modify the default font and style of equations:

1. Right click the equation, click Font:

2. Change to desired font and style, click Set as default:

Hope my clarification is clear, please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance on this issue.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 5:02 AM
  • I can reproduce this as well, when the equation is being inserted into a text paragraph formatted in a paragraph style with bold formatting. This is probably Word trying to be helpful.

Note that if you insert the equation into a paragraph whose "Font style" is Regular, the formatting of the equation works as expected.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:48 AM