none
How to show employee ID and employee number in ADUC?

Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to make the employee number and employee ID for each AD account appear in ADUC without having to go the OU of the user and right clicking and checking the attribute editor. So far, the instructions in the link below works, but I am not able to search the query. This makes finding a certain AD account tedious.

https://aryannava.com/tag/enable-employee-number-in-active-directory/

What I would like to attain is to be able to search for an AD Account through find in ADUC and add the columns of employee number and employee ID in the results pain. Right now, only the employee ID is available.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 7:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    What is the difference of employee number and employee ID which you want? As far as i know, employee ID is the attribute in the AD.
    It seems that employee number is a customer attribute which you should firstly add in the  Active Directory Schema administrative tool, then follow the instruction to add it in the ADUC.
    Regarding to add customer attribute, please refer to:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/20319.how-to-create-a-custom-attribute-in-active-directory.aspx
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 23, 2017 4:28 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

Employee number is actually visible already in ADUC but only if I use query. But if a do a simple Find and then search for the username, the Employee number attribute can't be added. (See previous image attached)

Does that still need adding the attribute in the Schema?

Monday, March 6, 2017 1:42 AM
  • Hi,
    The Employee number attribute seems to be not the built-in attribute in AD, is it customized attribute by yourself? As far as I know, employee ID is the built-in one. If that is the case, it may be the cause. you could have a try to add another customized attribute and see if it is displayed.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 2:15 AM