Client without Software Center RRS feed

• Question

• Im having a proble installing a Client in a Server,   its the only one with this issue and im dragging this problem from months now.

I tried pushing it, or manual install Ccmsetup.exe /noservice SMSSITECODE=Auto 

All with same result,  according to what i can read from the client.msi.log its installed successfully , but the only thing i can open is the configuration manager, the software center is never there and in the System Center Configuration Manager its not showing the server with Client installed.  Im Attaching the log file hoping that somebody can help me, i tried restarting many times, i also tried uninstalling it using ccmcleaner.

client log

Friday, November 18, 2016 2:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I met same error on a specified sever 2008.

You may try on this solution for a test:

Ran CCMSetup /Uninstall in elevated command prompt.

=> After uninstall was completed, manually deleted the CCM and CCMSETUP folders and deleted the registry keys HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\CCM  and HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\SMS

=> Downloaded and Ran WMIDiag utility to get the WMI Diagnostics report in case we need it for further troubleshooting.

=> Rebooted the server.

=> Then copied the SCCM Client from the Site Server.

=> Installed the client using the command below.

CCMSetup.exe RESETKEYINFORMATION=TRUE SMSMP=CHSCCM50P.novachem.com SMSSITECODE=NCC FSP=CHSCCM50P.novachem.com DNSSUFFIX=novachem.com CCMDEBUGLOGGING=1 CCMENABLELOGGING=TRUE CCMLOGLEVEL=0 CCMLOGMAXHISTORY=2 CCMLOGMAXSIZE=500000

If no progress, then registered the ccmcore.dll manually using 'regsvr32 ccmcore.dll' 
    => Restarted the SMS Host Agent Service.
    => Checked the logs again. 
    Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Ant_G Friday, November 18, 2016 6:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miguel Rosales Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:50 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2016 6:10 AM

All replies

• Is the client registered? Can you check ClientIDManagerStartup.log in C:\Windows\CCM\Logs ?

Also what is in CcmMessaging.log?

Friday, November 18, 2016 2:43 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, im attaching both Logs.

More logs

Friday, November 18, 2016 3:10 AM
  • in the clientidmanagerstartup.log you can see that the client is not registered. 0x80040154 Class not registered

you can try this on the client computer, but i haven't tried it before. so i can't recommend it, but it looks like the same issue you are having. https://talhaqamar.com/2015/10/09/inactive-sccm-client-failed-to-send-registration-request-message-error-0x80040154/

Friday, November 18, 2016 3:27 AM
  • Looks like it didnt work, my value was already high (100) but i change it to 50 like the KB described, but im not seeing any changes yet, i will wait a while.

Friday, November 18, 2016 3:38 AM
  • Looks like it didnt work, my value was already high (100) but i change it to 50 like the KB described, but im not seeing any changes yet, i will wait a while.

and you restarted sms agent host service?
    Friday, November 18, 2016 3:39 AM
  • Yeah i did, in the event viewer it show like this

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Configuration Manager Client. Product Version: 5.00.8239.1000. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0.

nothing else, still not the software center coming up, or changing the status as Client Installed in the primary site.

Friday, November 18, 2016 3:40 AM
  • and in clientidmanagerstartup.log do you still see 0x80040154?
    Friday, November 18, 2016 3:47 AM
  • Its still there.
    Friday, November 18, 2016 3:52 AM
  • Hi,

I met same error on a specified sever 2008.

You may try on this solution for a test:

Ran CCMSetup /Uninstall in elevated command prompt.

=> After uninstall was completed, manually deleted the CCM and CCMSETUP folders and deleted the registry keys HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\CCM  and HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\SMS

=> Downloaded and Ran WMIDiag utility to get the WMI Diagnostics report in case we need it for further troubleshooting.

=> Rebooted the server.

=> Then copied the SCCM Client from the Site Server.

=> Installed the client using the command below.

CCMSetup.exe RESETKEYINFORMATION=TRUE SMSMP=CHSCCM50P.novachem.com SMSSITECODE=NCC FSP=CHSCCM50P.novachem.com DNSSUFFIX=novachem.com CCMDEBUGLOGGING=1 CCMENABLELOGGING=TRUE CCMLOGLEVEL=0 CCMLOGMAXHISTORY=2 CCMLOGMAXSIZE=500000

If no progress, then registered the ccmcore.dll manually using 'regsvr32 ccmcore.dll' 
    => Restarted the SMS Host Agent Service.
    => Checked the logs again. 
    Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Ant_G Friday, November 18, 2016 6:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miguel Rosales Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:50 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2016 6:10 AM
  • Ray thanks for the reply

So i uninstall it , clean those registrys, copy the client from the primary site, used your installer command switches, but its not even installing

Friday, November 18, 2016 3:04 PM
  • Um, did you directly use the command-line above without modifying with the names appropriate to your environment?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Friday, November 18, 2016 7:13 PM
  • Sorry,   can please be more specific ? do i remove only novachem.com, what do i use?  Domain name?  Primary site server?

The name that is in the Management point?

CMSetup.exe RESETKEYINFORMATION=TRUE SMSMP=CHSCCM50P.novachem.com SMSSITECODE=NCC FSP=CHSCCM50P.novachem.com DNSSUFFIX=novachem.com CCMDEBUGLOGGING=1 CCMENABLELOGGING=TRUE CCMLOGLEVEL=0 CCMLOGMAXHISTORY=2 CCMLOGMAXSIZE=500000

Friday, November 18, 2016 11:12 PM
  • About Client Installation Properties in Configuration Manager
     https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg699356.aspx

SMSMP - Specifies an initial management point for the Configuration Manager client to use.

SMSSITECODE - Specifies the Configuration Manager site to assign the Configuration Manager client to.

DNSSUFFIX - Specifies a DNS domain for clients to locate management points that are published in DNS.
    Friday, November 18, 2016 11:21 PM
  • Guys, you all rock,  this totally worked.  T H A N K SSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!  I just adapt it to my site,  can somebody please explain me what i did? or why it wasnt working with regular client install?

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:49 PM
  • It was a full uninstall, then cleaned up the registry keys, and a reinstall while removing the trusted root key.
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:17 PM