X-MS-Exchange-Organization-OriginalSize RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, base on

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124345(v=exchg.150).aspx

exchange uses custom header to read the original size to determine if it hitting the message size limit setting. If the current message size is lower than the original size than it will use it current size to access to the setting else it uses the original size to determine if the message is allow to pass thru the setting.

But base on my current issues i am facing that does not seem to be the case as i have some email original size is lower than the setting but it still getting blocked by the system.

I also discover that X-MS-Exchange-Organization-OriginalSize is not inside my email message header.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hi all, base on

exchange uses custom header to read the original size to determine if it hitting the message size limit setting. If the current message size is lower than the original size than it will use it current size to access to the setting else it uses the original size to determine if the message is allow to pass thru the setting.

But base on my current issues i am facing that does not seem to be the case as i have some email original size is lower than the setting but it still getting blocked by the system.

I also discover that X-MS-Exchange-Organization-OriginalSize is not inside my email message header.

Hi,

What's current message size setting in your organization? Organizational level, Connector level, server level and user level. And what's the error message for blocked message?

I checked my internal messages' message header, X-MS-Exchange-Organization-OriginalSize is not there. And based on my knowledge, if this header header field doesn't exist, message size is created by using the current message size value.

Regards,

Lynn-Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Lynn-Li Friday, September 30, 2016 2:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lynn-Li Monday, October 3, 2016 1:27 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:40 AM

All replies

• Tuesday, September 20, 2016 5:44 PM
  • Hi all, base on

Hi,

What's current message size setting in your organization? Organizational level, Connector level, server level and user level. And what's the error message for blocked message?

I checked my internal messages' message header, X-MS-Exchange-Organization-OriginalSize is not there. And based on my knowledge, if this header header field doesn't exist, message size is created by using the current message size value.

Regards,

Lynn-Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Lynn-Li Friday, September 30, 2016 2:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lynn-Li Monday, October 3, 2016 1:27 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:40 AM