Lync Frond end server IP change RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All ,

Am using Lync server 2013 with Edge server for external access.

i just migrated Lync 2010 to 2013 , we are integrated Lync with Avaya for incoming and outgoing calls , everything is working fine except avaya outgoing calls from Lync , since the error logs shows call initiating IP is our Lync 2010 IP address , so i shut downed the Lync server 2010 and i added that IP address into Lync 2013 IP address additionally  , But still the outgoing calls not working from  Lync .

Right now i have 3 IP's configured in my Lync 2013 frond end server (Include my Lync 2010 IP) , now am planning to move the Lync 2010 IP as a primary IP to check the outgoing calls , will this affect anywhere ? from SQL side or EDGE side or end users?

Thanks,

Mani L

Mani L

Friday, January 15, 2016 3:57 PM

Answers

• If the outgoing call is coming from the Lync 2010 address, you need to find out what IP Avaya is willing to accept the call on, and make sure that's the primary IP assigned to your mediation role. You also need to review what path the calls will take via the route in the control panel, and make sure you know which mediation server it's going to attempt to use.

I wouldn't move the IP, I would change the Avaya.  That said, just changing the IP may have a temporary effect on the SQL or Edge side, especially if there are firewall rules, possibly host files, and potentially static routes in place, but it's mostly DNS based so it should settle down once cached DNS records are updated.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Monday, January 18, 2016 6:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:47 AM
    Friday, January 15, 2016 4:51 PM
  • Hi,

On Lync Server Topology--Shared Components--Trunks, make sure you have updated the trunk Mediation Server and Gateway already.

On Lync Server Control Panel, also check if the voice routing settings update to the new Server.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 18, 2016 6:55 AM

All replies

• If the outgoing call is coming from the Lync 2010 address, you need to find out what IP Avaya is willing to accept the call on, and make sure that's the primary IP assigned to your mediation role. You also need to review what path the calls will take via the route in the control panel, and make sure you know which mediation server it's going to attempt to use.

I wouldn't move the IP, I would change the Avaya.  That said, just changing the IP may have a temporary effect on the SQL or Edge side, especially if there are firewall rules, possibly host files, and potentially static routes in place, but it's mostly DNS based so it should settle down once cached DNS records are updated.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Eason Huang Monday, January 18, 2016 6:45 AM
    Friday, January 15, 2016 4:51 PM
  • Hi,

On Lync Server Topology--Shared Components--Trunks, make sure you have updated the trunk Mediation Server and Gateway already.

On Lync Server Control Panel, also check if the voice routing settings update to the new Server.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 18, 2016 6:55 AM