none
Migrated Web Application is showing blank page through HTTPS but "/layouts/settings.aspx" are accessible in HTTP

Question

• I recently migrated our environment from 2010 to 2013, upon re-attaching the 2010 database to the newly created web-application(windows-based), It was showing me a blank page. but upon configuring an HTTP endpoint for the said web-application, its still giving me unexpected error, but the site settings are accessible.

HTTPS: Blank Page
    HTTP: Error Page, and site settings are accessible.

ULS LOGS:

Application error when access /, Error=Exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' was thrown.  Parameter name: encodedValue   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.Claims.SPClaimEncodingManager.DecodeClaimFromFormsSuffix(String encodedValue)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.Claims.SPClaimProviderManager.GetProviderUserKey(IClaimsIdentity claimsIdentity, String encodedIdentityClaimSuffix)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.Claims.SPClaimProviderManager.GetProviderUserKey(String encodedIdentityClaimSuffix)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPHeaderManager.AddIsapiHeaders(HttpContext context, String encodedUrl, NameValueCollection headers)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPRequestModule.PreRequestExecuteAppHandler(Object oSender, EventArgs ea) at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()     at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Monday, April 17, 2017 9:04 AM

All replies

• How did you migrate the web application?

Was the web application in Claims mode in 2010? How have you tried to convert it to 2013?

What error are you getting exactly?

Blank page is most commonly loop back check, upgrade issues are most commonly failing to convert users to claims mode. HTTP/S issues are normally misconfigured AAMs. You haven't given much detail on what is going on so I can't steer you to the right solution. The more detail you can give us the more we can close in on what is really going on.

Monday, April 17, 2017 1:15 PM
  • I created a new web application in 2013 using a powershell command to use windows authentication, I then re-attach the 2010 content database to it. 

its using windows authentication in 2010. 

We still haven't converted it in 2013

Loopback check is already disabled and the server was restarted.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:58 AM
  • Loopback check is not going to be relevant, that affects all users and all URLs, you would always get blank pages and nothing else.

You've almost certainly got permissions issues. I'd try converting the web application to claims and see if that fixes things. SharePoint 2013 isn't meant to be run in classic mode.

Stick to testing only on one protocol, nail that one down then go back for the other.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

Suggested approach is upgrading your SP2010 Webapplication's classic to Claim prior to migrating to SP2013,that would be simplified your task post migration. And also check all the Certificates are available to your new server and configured to migrated web application.

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:09 AM