Unable to Store overrides in a Specific Management pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have this strange issue, Where I overrided 3 - 4 rules and changed the Enabled parameter to False and saved the override to a custom management pack.

The rules which i overrided were from the HP OneView management pack.

Once when i save the override to the custom management pack i created specifically for the HP OneView overrides the overrides do not save and do not show in the summary, Below is a example:

Screenshot before override:

Overriding the Rule:

Once i click Apply / OK, The summary again shows Blank:

When i override this to another newly created MP or another existing MP the override shows in the Summary as in the below screenshot:

Does any one have any idea what is wrong here ?

I tried the same in another SCOM Environment where the same MP is imported and in all the SCOM Environment the issue is same.

Gautam.75801

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:01 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

I guess the only option i could think and execute was to delete this MP and create a new MP and apply all the overrides back from the beginning.

I could achieve this bit faster as there was tool available to apply bulk overrides named "OverrideCreator 1.5" available in the below link:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dmuscett/2012/02/19/boriss-opsmgr-tools-updated/

If any one has other solutions to fix the existing MP, Please post the same here so i can try it as i still have a copy of the old MP as well.

Gautam.75801

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:54 AM

All replies

• are you able to get a list of overrides dump from the override mp within powershell?
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:47 AM
  • for example:

get-override -managementPack <mp name> | out-file "mp_overrides.txt"

Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:48 AM
  • make sure that  HP OneView management pack is sealed MP and custom management pack  is unsealed MP.

Roger

Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:23 AM
  • Hi Roger,

Yes the OneView MP is Sealed and the override i am saving is a Unsealed as in the below screenshot:

Gautam.75801

Thursday, August 18, 2016 1:18 PM
  • for example:

get-override -managementPack <mp name> | out-file "mp_overrides.txt"

A very goof question.

I used MP Viewer and checked the below.

It seems it is overriden and i see it in the overrides section.

I see multiple overrides for the same rule and class as i did it 10 times because it did not show in the console.

But why is it not showing in the console.. Its not in one but all 3 environments have the same issue and its only with this specific Unsealed Management pack.

Gautam.75801

Thursday, August 18, 2016 1:25 PM
  • Hi All,

I guess the only option i could think and execute was to delete this MP and create a new MP and apply all the overrides back from the beginning.

I could achieve this bit faster as there was tool available to apply bulk overrides named "OverrideCreator 1.5" available in the below link:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dmuscett/2012/02/19/boriss-opsmgr-tools-updated/

If any one has other solutions to fix the existing MP, Please post the same here so i can try it as i still have a copy of the old MP as well.

Gautam.75801

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:54 AM