none
gpo settings intact but not receiving settings

Question

• Windows Server 2008 R2 sp1

i was in vacation and called for a problem. our gpo settings are not being received by everyone. IE proxy settings and the home page settings are blanks. i checked the gpo and all my settings are still there. there are also no errors in event viewer that could point to the reason why.

i use User Config/Preferences/Control Panel Settings/Internet Settings for IE home page settings and others. while for proxy settings i use User Config/Preferences/Windows Settings/Registry/HKCU.....

they are all there. i do a "gpupdate /force" reboot . noting. IE proxy settings still blank.

appreciate any help please. this is driving me nuts!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 3:34 PM

Answers

• as i was constantly being asked for progress status, i wasn't able to find the root cause.

i restored from a 3 month old backup and that somehow has temporarily fixed the problem. we're receiving gpo settings now.

for those who replied, thank you for your help. the new location of the proxy settings wasn't the issue. i am using that new location already. the issue was not able to receive any gpo settings. i'm inclined to think some malware caused it or some malicious person/s did it. i'll only know once i get back from vacation and do a full system check.

for now it's working fine.

• Marked as answer by Reno Mardo Tuesday, May 19, 2015 9:45 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 9:44 PM

All replies

• what about gpresult?

This post is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
    ~~~
    Questo post non fornisce garanzie e non conferisce diritti

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 3:35 PM
  • gpresult shows successful.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 4:20 PM
  • what browser? have you changed IE versions

this should help

https://thommck.wordpress.com/2013/11/08/the-new-way-to-configure-internet-explorer-proxy-settings-with-group-policy/

• Edited by AlexAdkin Tuesday, May 19, 2015 8:35 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 8:33 PM
  • as i was constantly being asked for progress status, i wasn't able to find the root cause.

i restored from a 3 month old backup and that somehow has temporarily fixed the problem. we're receiving gpo settings now.

for those who replied, thank you for your help. the new location of the proxy settings wasn't the issue. i am using that new location already. the issue was not able to receive any gpo settings. i'm inclined to think some malware caused it or some malicious person/s did it. i'll only know once i get back from vacation and do a full system check.

for now it's working fine.

• Marked as answer by Reno Mardo Tuesday, May 19, 2015 9:45 PM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 9:44 PM
  • > gpresult shows successful.

"gpresult /h report.html & report.html", then check this report if your
    settings are listed as expected.

Greetings/Grüße, Martin

Mal ein gutes Buch über GPOs lesen?
    Good or bad GPOs? - my blog…
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment (-:
    Wednesday, May 20, 2015 10:26 AM