Windows 2016 standard servers not reporting status to our WSUS server RRS feed

• Question

• I have 9 servers running 2016 standard that haven't reported status to our WSUS server in many (up to 56) days.  3 servers are reporting status. 

I've tried running the script below on those servers that aren't reporting status but was not successful in fixing the issue.  Can anybody help me?  Thank you.

net stop bits
    net stop wuauserv
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v AccountDomainSid /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v PingID /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientId /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientIDValidation /f
    rd /s /q "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution"
    net start bits
    net start wuauserv
    wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow
    PowerShell.exe (New-Object -ComObject Microsoft.Update.AutoUpdate).DetectNow()

Monday, September 17, 2018 9:38 PM

All replies

• Hello,

In the 56 days when the clients have not reported, is there any operating or change on the clients or net or something else?

Are they in the same subnet? Check the connectivity first by Ping command, and open the following link on the client to check if there is a prompt for file downloading.

http://WSUSServerName/selfupdate/wuident.cab

And you could check update online to check if it works, so we can know that if this issue is about you client or others.

Please also upload the windowsupdate.log for further troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 1:00 AM
  • Did you delete the computer object from the WSUS Console before running that client side script (from an Admin Command Prompt)? Sometimes that's necessary.

Adam Marshall, MCSE: Security
    https://www.ajtek.ca
    Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:47 AM