Required Columns do not appear for user when uploading word document RRS feed

• Question

• I have a single user who when she attampts to upload a Word Document (only Word, all others appear to work) the proper columns associated with the Document Content Type do not appear (Only the Name, Title fields appear). Once she uploads the Word Doc and then tries to edit the properties, it still does not show the correct fields.

This also only happens on this one library. If she tries the same steps in another library int he same Site it works properly.

When she logs into the computer with her Windows Account it does not work. When I log into her computer using my Windows Account everything works. When I log into her computer with my Windows Account and then have her login to SP through the browser with her User Account info, it still works.

We have had her Windows Profile rebuilt, reinstalled Microsoft Office Suite, and also completely removed her permissions from the Site Collection and added her back in and still she cannot seem to have the proper columsna ppear during the upload process. She states that she was able to do this at one point.

I am not sure what else to try at this point. It appears to be a very specific issue and only happens for this one user in this one library when uploading this one file type (Word Docs).

Any ideas as to what I should try next?

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try to let this user logs to your computer and access the SharePoint library, check if the issue occure.

Have you done any customization on the library form?

Regards,

Xue-Mei Chang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Xue-mei Chang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 7:49 AM
  • When the user logs into my system either through the Windows ID/PWd or simply sign in as a different user in the browser, it works as expected. If I login to her system the same way it also works. Just not her account on that computer.

We had her account profile rebuilt and still the issue continues.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:04 PM