Office 365 FOPE SCL threshold RRS feed

• Question

• From what I understand, FOPE automatically deletes any email with an SCL of 7 or higher. I also understand that with the Enterprise version of Office 365, you can change the SCL thresholds and prevent FOPE from deleting email. The only problem is that I cannot find anywhere exactly how to do this. I don't see this option in FOPE administration. Any help would be appreciated!
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 12:22 AM

All replies

• FOPE does not delete any emails. It either deliver it to your your inbox or to the spam quarantine ( If your spam action is spam quarantine not Add X- Header) or reject the message and send NDR to the sender. You can set the SCL rating for the emails in O365. However that will be added only after the emails passes the FOPE filtering.

If the spam action for the domain is Add X-header then the SCL rating comes in to play. whether to send the email to junk folder or not.

If you want the email sent from a particular person not to be sent to junk folder you can increase the SCL rating for that sender. Follow the below steps to do that.

1. Log in to your O365 Portal.
    2. Click on Manage tab below Exchange.
    3. Then on the left pane click on Mail Control Tab.
    4. In the Middle pane click on Rules.
    5. Now click on New option below Rules.
    6. You will get a new pop up, click on More options.
    7. Now on the first drop down list please select the sender >>is this person.
    8. Now on the New Pop up Add the particular user to whom you want to apply this rule and click on OK.
    9. Now on the Next Drop down list select modify the message properties >> set the spam confidence level(SCL) shown below.
    10. Then set the RCL setting as 4-6 for receiving mail to Junk folder or from 1-3 for receiving mail in the Inbox and click OK.
    11. Now save the Rule.

Hope this helps. Regards, v-9amra

Sunday, July 8, 2012 11:15 PM