none
Enterprise mode available on Tools menu, but isn't being applied to web page RRS feed

• Question

• I have an odd problem with Enterprise Mode on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Lenovo X1, fully up to date via Windows Update. Browser reports itself as being Version 11.0.10240.16431, Update Versions 11.0.22 (KB3078071).

I've enabled the mode via group policy and the option now appears on the Alt-T Tools menu as expected. However when I click to select it the menu closes as expected but nothing else happens - page isn't re-rendered, no blue icon appears on the address bar. Clicking Tools menu again, there's no check mark next to Enterprise Mode.  I've also created a site list and enabled / referenced this through group policy, but this doesn't activate Enterprise Mode for sites on the list either. Checking the registry, all the expected keys and values are present.

If I use F12 tools I can go to the emulation tab and select "Enterprise" from the Browser Mode drop down - now my page is rendered in Enterprise Mode complete with the blue icon.

I've got Enterprise mode working fine on another couple of laptops including use of a sitelist. What could be preventing my browser engaging Enterprise Mode when requested on this machine?

Mike

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 6:48 PM

All replies

• Same exact issue, have been trying to get it to work but no avail. I am noticing there is no EnterpriseMode registry key being created at HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main on my Windows 10 machine. Just curious, are the laptops Windows 10 Pro 64-bit as well? I've only tried it on mine and it is.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 7:06 PM
  • Enabling via gpedit creates the key HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode which seems to be the key most cited in other articles I've read. One also lists the Software\Microsoft keys but lower in priority that the \Policies key. The keys on my working an non-working machines are in the same place, i.e. Policies.

The two working machines are 10 Pro and 8.1 Pro.

Mike

Thursday, October 1, 2015 8:47 AM
  • Just to close this discussion off...

The problem machine came from Lenovo with Windows 8 and I upgraded it to 8.1 and then just lately to 10. The Enterprise mode problem was one of a few I had - all being experienced by some other users, but not by enough for there to be any resolution available.  Over the weekend I bit the bullet and did a clean Windows 10 install. Enterprise mode now works as expected, other issues also resolved (so far). Other issues seen were:

* Start menu search periodically stopped working - could be restored by killing SearchUI process, but I couldn't find a permanent fix.
    * Streams of hundred of DCOM activation errors logged against RunTime Broker causing machine slowdown - didn't respond to changing ownership or permissions.
    * Calc launched from MS keyboard button didn't get focus when launched. Trivial but quite infuriating.

Monday, October 5, 2015 6:05 PM
  • Other than doing a clean install, has anyone found a resolution to this?  This same issue (no check mark or icon appear when I click Enterprise Mode in Tools menu) is happening on my own laptop (after configuring the setting in gpedit.msc) and in a newly installed Win10 x64 VM.

Shane Curtis

Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:00 PM
  • Got it fixed, sort of.  I downloaded the Site List Manager tool and created a site list with one web site.  Applied it through group policy (Computer Configuration\Policies\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Use the Enterprise Mode IE website list).  Did a gpupdate and now that web site is showing up in Enterprise Mode with the icon and check mark and everything.  AND I can turn it off and on for every other web site at will.  Weird.  I guess it needs that group policy set.

Shane Curtis

Thursday, May 12, 2016 4:51 PM