Send as or on behalf of RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible for a user in Exchange 2013 to send emails to a group and the recipients see the group email address instead of the sender's actual email address? I added the actual sender in 'send on behalf of' but the receiver still see the actual sender address.

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 9:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Is it possible for a user in Exchange 2013 to send emails to a group and the recipients see the group email address instead of the sender's actual email address? I added the actual sender in 'send on behalf of' but the receiver still see the actual sender address.

Thanks.

Use SEND AS intead. 
    • Marked as answer by create_share Monday, April 27, 2020 12:47 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks.

Use SEND AS intead. 
    • Marked as answer by create_share Monday, April 27, 2020 12:47 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2020 1:37 PM
  • Hi create_share,

If you want to hide the actual sender, you'll need to use send as.

Send as allows the delegate to send messages as if they came directly from the mailbox or group. There's no indication that the message was sent by the delegate. For more information about mailbox permissions, you can refer to this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/recipients/mailbox-permissions?view=exchserver-2019 

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 5:55 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 1:30 AM
  • Hi, I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now? If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 9:44 AM