none
AD Replication Monitoring : encountered a runtime error. RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,
    Are CN=DC01 and WCDC01 the same DC? And please make sure that From ADSIEDIT, please connect to DomainDNSZones and ForestDNSZones, then expand
    down and click on DC=DomainDNSZones, DC=domainname,DC=com, then open up
    CN=Infrastructure, then find fSMORoleOwner if it is the correct DC.
    In addition, you could have a try transferring the role to another Domain Controller and see if the same error happen again.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

<o:p></o:p>

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by JasonEd86 Thursday, November 30, 2017 11:44 AM
    Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Pleas firstly run netdom query fsmo command to confirm which DC is acting as Infrastructure Master, then check if the DC in the fSMORoleOwner attribute is set up the correct DC.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 27, 2017 3:16 AM
  • Hi, thanks for taking a look, i ran the command netdom query fsmo which shows DC01 as the Infrastructure master, i then opened ADSI edit, right clicked on CN=Infrastructure, properties and checked the fSMORoleOwner, which displayed CN=NTDS Settings,CN=DC01,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=mydomain. so all looks correct. I also ran nltest /dclist:mydomain to make sure that DC1 was the PDC
    Monday, November 27, 2017 2:28 PM
  • Hi,
    Are CN=DC01 and WCDC01 the same DC? And please make sure that From ADSIEDIT, please connect to DomainDNSZones and ForestDNSZones, then expand
    down and click on DC=DomainDNSZones, DC=domainname,DC=com, then open up
    CN=Infrastructure, then find fSMORoleOwner if it is the correct DC.
    In addition, you could have a try transferring the role to another Domain Controller and see if the same error happen again.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

<o:p></o:p>

• Marked as answer by JasonEd86 Thursday, November 30, 2017 11:44 AM
    Tuesday, November 28, 2017 8:45 AM
  • HI,

I tried to demote DC1 as this is an old 2008 server anyway and got an error, which points to the FSMO role being on an old DC server COLLEGEDC1, so i now have a name, but when i check the fSMORoleOwner\CN=Infrastructure it is correct on both the other DCs, DC01 is the PDC and holds all the FSMO roles. Below is the error and a screenshot of the fsmo

ID 2091

Ownership of the following FSMO role is set to a server which is deleted or does not exist. 
    Operations which require contacting a FSMO operation master will fail until this condition is corrected. 
    FSMO Role: CN=Infrastructure,DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=domain,DC=domain
    FSMO Server DN: CN=NTDS Settings\0ADEL:0a41853c-4eac-4d08-a51e-8af1fb75f3ee,CN=COLLEGEDC1\0ADEL:dd314bd0-d197-4793-9f90-09d2ec7d496c,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=worthing,DC=college 

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 2:18 PM
  • > How do i connect to DomainDNSZones in ADSIEDIT?

Don't use the well known contexts, type it in.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 5:09 PM
  • Thanks for your help, you were right, the domainDnsZones and the ForestDnsZones were pointing at an old server
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 11:46 AM