The WSUS administration console was unable to connect to the WSUS Server via the remote API. (Server 2k8) RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed a new server for WSUS on Server 2k8, This is a stand alone server on Internet No client system is connected on this server as I have to copy these updates to my LAN which never connects to internet. (Previously I was using server 2k3. for online & server 2008 on my LAN , now I have changed the server for Online)

Wsus has finished the synchronization & downloaded updates of around 67GB & its downloading more updates. The server shows me some updates are waiting to approved. but when I click the link for those updates I get following error message.

error code is as follows -

The WSUS administration console was unable to connect to the WSUS Server via the remote API.

Verify that the Update Services service, IIS and SQL are running on the server. If the problem persists, try restarting IIS, SQL, and the Update Services Service.

System.Net.WebException -- The operation has timed out

Source
    System.Web.Services

Stack Trace:
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.ApiRemotingCompressionProxy.GetWebResponse(WebRequest webRequest)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.ApiRemoting.ExecuteSPSearchUpdates(String updateScopeXml, String preferredCulture, Int32 publicationState)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.AdminDataAccessProxy.ExecuteSPSearchUpdates(String updateScopeXml, String preferredCulture, ExtendedPublicationState publicationState)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.Update.SearchUpdates(UpdateScope searchScope, ExtendedPublicationState publicationState, UpdateServer updateServer)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.UpdateServer.GetUpdates(UpdateScope searchScope)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.UpdateManager.GetUpdates(ExtendedUpdateScope filter)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.BulkUpdatePropertiesCache.GetAndCacheUpdates(ExtendedUpdateScope updateScope, ComputerTargetScope computerTargetScope)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Pages.UpdatesListPage.GetListRows()

I Have tried desabling the firewall,disabling the antivirus protection. Tried by changing the default rule Please Help.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Sagar,

First, please check if the RAM is exhausted. When there is not enough RAM, this issue may occurs.

Please try to run iisreset on the WSUS server, then try to reconnect.

Also, please try to run the server cleanup wizard to remove the unused update.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, April 19, 2015 12:17 PM