Outlook2010, send/receive error (verify your username/password) for a gmail account RRS feed

• Question

• hi, i have Sony Vaio , win7 home, outlook2010 and several pop3 email accounts including a gmail
    everything was fine until I decided to change my gmail password yesterday
    now, my email is OK in webmail but can't access my gmail in outlook anymore
    i entered new password in outlook and click save password but always receive the message: verify your username & password, can't access your server, !!!!!!!!!!
    i tried to repair my account but same problem exists
    i even deleted my gmail account in outlook and made a new account with all instructions of incoming/outgoing but same exists
    i tried deleting caches, cookies, no progress
    i tried pst repair application ,seems fixed other errors but my problem exists
    i tried making a new pst file rather than existing outlook.pst but  problem unsolved
    again, i can easily access my account via www.gmail.com , my android phone, etc except my outlook!

i appreciate if anybody can help me
    • Edited by bmirhadi Tuesday, August 13, 2013 5:36 AM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try remove the saved credential of Outlook to check the result. Please refer to the following steps:

1. Close Outlook

2. Click on Start > Control Panel

3. Click View by: and change it to Large icons

4. Click on Credential Manager

5. Under Windows Credentials and Generic Credentials you should see the entry that related to your gmail account.

6. Click the arrow next to this entry and then click Edit to modify the stored password and click Save when done. Or you could also remove each of the entries from the Credential Manager vault and let Outlook prompt you for your updated password.

Feel free to let me know if this works.

Best Regards

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, August 19, 2013 6:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, August 26, 2013 1:27 AM
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:03 PM