none
Connecting to SharePoint List failed due to this error: "The expected type 'Collection(Edm.String)[Nullable=False]' does not allow null values." RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I try to get data of a SharePoint online list but I get this error:

DataSource.Error: We couldn't parse OData response result.

Error: A null value was found for the property named 'group1', which has the expected type 'Collection(Edm.String)[Nullable=False]'.

The expected type 'Collection(Edm.String)[Nullable=False]' does not allow null values. Details: DataSourceKind=SharePoint DataSourcePath=https://tenant.sharepoint.com/_api/Web/Lists(guid'82de52a4-2765-49d8-9dab-e925e92daefd')/Items

'group1' is a multiple selection listbox that can be blank! If I remove this filed, the list connects perfectly!

Does anyone have an idea?

Friday, January 8, 2016 8:52 AM

Answers

• I've found the solution it should be changed in "Advanced Editor". I changed it and now it works perfectly!
    • Marked as answer by Sara767 Saturday, January 9, 2016 2:14 AM
    Saturday, January 9, 2016 2:14 AM

All replies

• This is a known bug in SharePoint that they're working on fixing. You can work around the problem by specifying an APIVersion of 14 instead of 15 in your formula for SharePoint.Tables.
    Friday, January 8, 2016 2:36 PM
  • Thanks Curt.

Seems silly but I don't know how to change the API version. Could you please tell me how to change it?

Friday, January 8, 2016 7:24 PM
  • I've found the solution it should be changed in "Advanced Editor". I changed it and now it works perfectly!
    • Marked as answer by Sara767 Saturday, January 9, 2016 2:14 AM
    Saturday, January 9, 2016 2:14 AM
  • are you high or something we applauded your getting the solution but people are asking what you did in Advance editor just changed the api version or did nothing dumb 
    Thursday, November 8, 2018 7:07 AM