iSCSI version 2.08 installation on Windows 2003 x64 Sp2 fail RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to install iSCSI initiator software on a Windows 2003 x64 Sp2 server cluster node (on second node the installation was successfully).

virtual port, iSCSI service and MPIO could be installed when I try to install iSCSI Software initiator during the installation I receive a blue screen (0x0000003b).

Please somebody help me.

Thanks

Adrian

Saturday, September 22, 2012 11:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your answer, unfortunately we aren't able to test your solution, because we have been re-install the server.

Before re-installing the server I applied all Windows updates and SP2 and nothing happens.

Many thanks,

Adrian

Adrian

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer to the following Microsoft KB article to check if it can fix the issue for you.

Error message in x64-based versions of Windows Server 2003: "Stop 0x0000003B (c0000005, fffffadca82a63d4, fffffadca35fb4f0, 0)"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923187

In addition, I would like to suggest you update the BIOS and the hardware drivers for Windows Server 2003 first to improve the system stability.

After that, you may use WinDbg to analyze the minidump files.

Collect Minidump Files

=================

1. Click "Start", input "SYSDM.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery".

3. Under "Write debugging information" section, make sure the "Small memory dump (128KB)" option is selected.

4. Make sure "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" is in the "Small dump directory" open box and click “OK”.

If the Blue Screen appears again, please refer to the following steps to collect memory dump files:

1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”.

2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump".

3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092008-01.dmp]) in Minidump to this folder.

4. Right-click on the Dump folder, click "Send To", and click "Compressed (zipped) Folder".

5. Please send the ZIP file to us.

For more information, please read the Microsoft KB Article: How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging.

If no more clues can be found, you may contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Regards,

Arthur Li

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Arthur Li

TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 24, 2012 9:33 AM
  • Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your answer, unfortunately we aren't able to test your solution, because we have been re-install the server.

Before re-installing the server I applied all Windows updates and SP2 and nothing happens.

Many thanks,

Adrian

Adrian

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:13 AM