IE 10 unable to upload RRS feed

• Question

• I have an IIS web server running on a Windows 2012 server. Using ajax and some JQuery I am trying to upload a form that has a file and some data. My web server does have NTLM authentication setup. When the data is sent the web server and the browser communicate for authentication and after that is completed the browser hangs when trying to send the POST data.  The Content-Length has a value of 475 but there is not anything that follows the header. The communication never errors or ends just a hangs. On older verions of IE, I have no issues and have no add-ons installed. 
    Thank you
    Friday, January 10, 2014 1:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

test from a client running windows, not from your server.... server versions of IE run in Enhanced protected mode in which the security zone settings are higher for each zone.

to display suppressed scripting error messages. f12>Console tab, refresh you page.

there is a security zone setting to "include the local file path in file uploads"

Flash Upload controls will not work as they are 32bit ActiveX controls in IE and as said the security on a server for IE is corked.

Post questions about html, css and scripting for website developers to the IE Web Development forum.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?forum=iewebdevelopment

Include with your questions a link to your website or the complete page source (View>Source menu)...

Depending upon which jquery version you are using check for known jquery issues at bugs.jquery.com

Rob^_^

Saturday, January 11, 2014 12:48 AM
  • @Rob Thanks for your response. I have tried going to the web server using a different client. It does happen to be a 2008 client with IE updated to 10 and all default settings (on a virtual box), which does not have the Enhanced protected mode enabled (by default). I get the same results if I go from IE on the 2012 web sever or the 2008 server's IE10. Is there some other setting on Windows servers that could cause this issue?

Also if I use the hostname instead of the IP everything works.
    • Edited by hapyfishrmn Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:16 PM
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:43 PM
  • Hi,

Based on your reply, please check if the mapping of the hostname and ip is correct.

Also you could ping the IP address to confirm the situation.

If it's OK, add the website address into Compatibility View List for  test.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 17, 2014 6:24 AM
  • @Karen 

I have verified the IP and the hostname are pointing to the same machine. Adding the hostname or IP tp the Compatibility View List made no difference. I do think the browser is not sending the POST data to the web server. Using Fiddler to trace the request it hangs on the receiving of the data.

Friday, January 17, 2014 3:59 PM