Problems installing MAPS on VM RRS feed

• Question

• I have a virtual machine (win 2003 EE) that I'm trying to install MAPS onto. It has a little over 4GB of ram but it fails on the Total Physical Memory saying that it only has 95 and needs 512MB. I don't really have a physical server that I can put this on right now so I'd like to use this VM that I've set up. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:03 AM

Answers

• What virtualization platform are you using?

The API call that the MAP installer makes to determine installed memory is from kernel32.dll: GlobalMemoryStatus, from which it gets dwTotalPhys.   This is a core Windows API, if it's failing then there's probably a bug in the virtualization environment....
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:20 PM

All replies

• What virtualization platform are you using?

The API call that the MAP installer makes to determine installed memory is from kernel32.dll: GlobalMemoryStatus, from which it gets dwTotalPhys.   This is a core Windows API, if it's failing then there's probably a bug in the virtualization environment....
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:20 PM
  • Hi Jay. I'm using VMWare Virtual Server. I thought that may not be supported like a Microsoft product. I will see what I can find out given the info that you've shared.
    Thanks
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:27 AM