Use IE-8 with Windows7 RRS feed

• Question

• With Windows7 Ultimate 64 bit can I install IE-8 in addition to the already installed IE9. I need to use IE-8 to print reports off of a website using Crystal Viewer
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:49 AM

Answers

• With Windows7 Ultimate 64 bit can I install IE-8 in addition to the already installed IE9. I need to use IE-8 to print reports off of a website using Crystal Viewer

Have you tried using Compatibility View or a User-Agent spoof (e.g. via Developer Tools, Tools, Change User-Agent)?   Otherwise you can uninstall IE9 and get IE8 that way.   Or you can use XP mode to run an IE8 in it.   Or you can use Virtual PC and run another W7 in it.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:37 AM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:51 AM
    Answerer

All replies

Have you tried using Compatibility View or a User-Agent spoof (e.g. via Developer Tools, Tools, Change User-Agent)?   Otherwise you can uninstall IE9 and get IE8 that way.   Or you can use XP mode to run an IE8 in it.   Or you can use Virtual PC and run another W7 in it.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:37 AM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:51 AM
    Answerer
  • Thursday, December 8, 2011 3:11 AM