Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Re-Install RRS feed

• Question

• Several weeks ago I installed the Anniversary update of Windows 10 and had problems.  I backed out the install.

Question1:  Will I ultimately need to re-install?  The problem I had was my multiple monitors did not work and I couldn't get around the problem.

Question2:  If I re-install the update, will I be able to back it out again?

Thanks,
    Tony Huddleston

Friday, October 6, 2017 9:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Tony,

For your questions:

Q1. We don’t know what will happen in future, in order to protect your system and improve user experience, install feature update is necessary, maybe the latest 1703 update can solve your multiple monitors display issue

Q2. Yes, Regardless of Anniversary update or Creators update, after install them, you could roll back to previous system in 10 days via Settings->Update & security->Recovery.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 9, 2017 2:56 AM

All replies

• Yes, you can.

There is an option called Reset this PC, where you can choose keep my files.

As we are approaching towards Fall Creator Update (scheduled to be released on 17th Oct.) so it will be a better option to upgrade to that.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Saturday, October 7, 2017 1:08 AM
  • Hello,

Atm, you can try repair via in-upgrade:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-repair-windows-10-using-in-place-upgrade

Else, if you can, wait for the Fall Creators Upgrade coming on Oct 17, 2017.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Saturday, October 7, 2017 4:11 AM
  • Hi Tony,

For your questions:

Q1. We don’t know what will happen in future, in order to protect your system and improve user experience, install feature update is necessary, maybe the latest 1703 update can solve your multiple monitors display issue

Q2. Yes, Regardless of Anniversary update or Creators update, after install them, you could roll back to previous system in 10 days via Settings->Update & security->Recovery.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 9, 2017 2:56 AM