The top link bar is not higthlight correct RRS feed

• Question

• I create a site. The site has three top link bars. But the last one  does not work normally. The URL of this  bar navigate is as same as the first top link bar. So  if I click at the first bar. The first bar is highlight. And the second one also work. But the three one when I click at the bar. The first one is highlight. Could you help me how to solve the problem? And why?
    One day a small demo!
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:44 AM not general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Just try this if it is your problem

http://wssmossstuff.blogspot.com/2009/07/top-link-bar.html

Let us know if it works

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:54 AM
  • I have saw this article. But it was not my trouble. I am using the MOSS 2007 to create the site. I am sure the link is in relative URL. And the first bar and the second one work well. But the third one works abnormally.  Just the third one cast problem. It is very mystery.
    One day a small demo!
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:00 AM
  • Where does this lead?  Can you delete the tab and recreate it?  If it was added to the navigation via sub-site creation this behaviour is somewhat common.  Everytime I've had this issue, re-creating it with the full link worked for me.
    Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:04 AM
    Answerer
  • I have follow your advise. I delete them and recreate them again. But it doesn't  work. It seems that the problem is the first page navigate a page. And the third one is also navigate to this page but with some parameters. These two bars have the same navigate so when you click the third one the first one is highlight. It is  amazing!
    One day a small demo!
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

Just now i have tested it in my SP 2010 machine (I don't have MOSS 2007 installed in my machine). What i have done here:

1. Copy the home page URL

2. Delete all the tab including home and create new tabs

3. Then i paste home URl in Home tab section

It is working. Can you try from your side as well

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:30 AM
  • Can you also give us the links, explain what they link too and advise if any cusomisations have been made.
    Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:43 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi ,Hemendra Agrawal 

Thank you for replaying. I have delete all of the tabs of the site and then recreate them. And then the problem goes on. I don't know if it is the bug the moss 2007 or it it my fault. But now the tab highlight  still has the problem.  
    One day a small demo!
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:44 AM
  • The link is like this:

In fact there are five tabs but for easy asking question.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tab 1.   name:Index     link: '/default.aspx'

Tab 2.   name:All Demos link :'/Pages/videolist.aspx'

Tab 3.   name:2009 Demos   link:'/Pages/videolist.aspx?TagName=2009 Demos'

Tab 4.   name:2010 Demos   link:'/Pages/videolist.aspx?TagName=2010 Demos'

Tab 5.   name:Groups                      link:'/Lists/Groups/AllItems.aspx'

The result

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click Tab1.    Tab 1 Highlight           correct

Click Tab2.    Tab 2 Highlight           correct

Click Tab3.    Tab 2 Highlight           wrong

Click Tab4.    Tab 2 Highlight           wrong

Click Tab5.    Tab 5 Highlight           correct

What do you mean of the word 'cusomisations'?

One day a small demo!
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:02 AM
  • Hi , 

The tab doesn’t highlight correctly because you set the url improperly .The link for tab3 and tab4 both have the vediolist.aspx .So the tab mixed with tab2 and when click on tab3 ,the tab2 highlights .You can change the tab3 and tab4’s url to other page like 2009vediolist.aspx .

Thanks,

Entan Ming
    Monday, July 25, 2011 3:28 AM
  • Hi Entan Ming,

Thank you for your replay. I have noticed this lately. 

The way you give to solve the problem must be worked.But the fact is the link of the tab 3 and 4 will navigate to the same web page as tab 2. But there are some parameters in the tab 3 and tab 4.  It means filtering the videos of the link page of the tab 2  but is the same page as the link of tap 2. Or maybe I should copy the  'videolist.aspx' and rename the page with a new other name maybe '2009vediolist.aspx'  and then modify the link of the tab 3 to it. But it is really a same page as the  'videolist.aspx' . I think it is not so good. 

Thank you for helping at the same time.

One day a small demo!
    Monday, July 25, 2011 4:24 AM