none
Slow logon after rebooting Orchestrator server

Question

• Hello,

Every week I'm restarting automatically my Orchestrator server, and everytime after the restart the server takes more than 30 minutes to log me in.

In fact the problem seems to be the one described here :

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/silvana/2016/03/03/orch-slow-logon-for-each-running-policymodule-on-a-runbook-server/

The problem is that workarounds listed in it are not satisfying me. Has anyone ever encountered this problem ? because I find no feedbacks at all, except the one above...

Thank you in advance for your answers.

• Edited by Kotyy Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:03 PM
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you reviewed the event log? Maybe it can give us some clues.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 20, 2017 8:37 AM
  • In the System logs I have multiple events like this one after trying to login (till I'm login successfully) :

Event 6005, Winlogon

The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> is taking long time to handle the notification event (Logon).

• Edited by Kotyy Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:10 PM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 8:53 AM
  • You might want to try running a GPRESULT /h report.html, and review the group policies that are being applied to this system/user. You might be able to troubleshoot if it's an actual group policy object or if it's a system object.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:08 PM
  • Hello There,

Slow logon is by GPO from AD. To start with you can check the below URL's

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askds/2009/09/23/so-you-have-a-slow-logon-part-1/

Regards

Priyabrata

Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:24 PM
  • We have the same problem with a clean install of Orchestrator 2016 on Windows Server 2012 R2. Each running runbook with a Monitor Date/Time Activity configured caused a delay of 5 seconds. Group policies can't be applied to the server and user. When there are multiple runbooks with Monitor Date/Time Activity the logon time highly increased for every domain administrator who try to login to the server. Rebooting the server also takes a lot of time because applying group policies takes several minutes

I have tested the following:

Test 1: Disable 'Orchestrator Runbook Service'
    Result: server/user logon works like a charm. After starting the 'Orchestrator Runbook Service' the problem is back again

Test 2: Run only runbooks without Date/Time Activity
    Result: server/user logon works like a charm.

Test 3: Run one runbook with Date/Time Activity
    Result: The user login time increases with 5 seconds

Test 4: Run six runbook with Date/Time Activity
    Result: The user login time takes 30 seconds (6 runbooks x 5 seconds delay)

Test 5: Change service account of the Orchestrator Runbook Service
    Result: The problem still exists

Test 6: Group Policy Results Report
    Result: Applying of group policy components: Group Policy Files, Group Policy Folders, Group Policy Local Users and Groups, Group Policy Registry, Group Policy Scheduled Tasks takes 45 seconds per component!

The same runbooks works fine on Orchestrator 2012 R2 Update Rollup 8 on Windows 2008 R2 SP1

Please help!

3 hours 36 minutes ago