none
IE Tracking Protection List Group Policy or Registry RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know a way to push out tracking protection lists to clients on the network.  I don't see anything in group policy but I was wondering if there are alternative methods (ie. scripting or registry settings).
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You may check out the following article which refer to deploy Tracking Protection Lists .

Tracking Protection Lists can be hosted on any web server. A JavaScript method is added to a webpage that will prompt the user to add the TPL.
    More information, please see:

Create and Host Tracking Protection Lists

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh273399(v=vs.85).aspx

Hope the information helps.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 3, 2013 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may check out the following article which refer to deploy Tracking Protection Lists .

Tracking Protection Lists can be hosted on any web server. A JavaScript method is added to a webpage that will prompt the user to add the TPL.
    More information, please see:

Create and Host Tracking Protection Lists

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh273399(v=vs.85).aspx

Hope the information helps.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 3, 2013 6:28 AM
  • Thanks.  I just wish there was a simpler way of doing this.  Just plug in the URL of a published public list.  But I guess not.
    Saturday, May 4, 2013 5:21 PM
  • Not sure if this will help, but... If you host your own list, you can then modify this and it will be updated on client machines. The update is performed regularly (15 days?) so it won't be long before it will be automatically updated. This has the advantage of not needing to be on the same network as the machine. However, as this thread is almost a year old... you probably already know this by now.

It is not my fault if your computer combusts. If this helped, press the /\ arrow over ↖there. If it answers the question, click Propose as Answer ↓there. If you asked the question in the first place, click Mark as answer ↓below.

Saturday, April 25, 2015 8:21 PM