none
Is it possible? Need a way to export all resources and their historical rate information RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to export all resources and all of their historical rate information into one big list? Even if it's just a print out, it would be helpful to get that information.
    Tuesday, July 5, 2016 4:06 PM

All replies

• Reese_K,

When you say "historical rate information", you can only capture, (for export), data that is currently in the plan or from previous versions of the plan that were saved. So are you looking to capture the cost rate table for each resource that is in your current plan or perhaps in a resource pool file?

But to answer your question, yes, a fairly simple VBA macro could capture all resources and their rate tables information and export it to Excel in whatever format you like.

By the way, in your other post you mentioned enterprise resources. Are you in a Project Server environment or perhaps using Project Online?

John

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 6:45 PM
  • We are mainly working in Project Server environment and then Publishing to Online.  We think the issue may be occurring on tasks that are completed.  All hours for completed tasks are being routed to a local resource and then an enterprise resource is being linked for all tasks that are in progress.

I was thinking of using VBA as well, but didn't know if there was an export option within the program that would handle it for us.

Thank you.

Monday, July 11, 2016 6:31 PM
  • Reese_K,

Unfortunately I don't use Project Server so my knowledge in that environment is very limited. However, your original post talks about resource historical rate information (e.g. $/hr) but your last response seems to be referring to resource hours (i.e. work), two different resource parameters. And then you mention something about an "issue". At least from my viewpoint, more clarity is needed before someone can give you much help.

John

Monday, July 11, 2016 7:55 PM