Installation of Sharepoint 2007 Service pack 2 fails on Step 8 of Sharepoint Configuration Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Here's the deal:-

Our test environment consists of one SQL Server 2005 machine, 1 Domain Controller and 1 Windows 2008 R2 server with Sharepoint 2007 and Project 2007 installed.

We wanted to test the installation of Sharepoint 2007 Service Pack 2 in our test environment. I followed the instructions available from Technet to install both the WSS 3.0 SP2 and MOSS 2007 SP2 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd637740(office.12).aspx BUT the last part of the Sharepoint Configuration Wizard failed with the following error:-

SQL Database 'ProjectServer_Published' on SQL Server instance 'SPDatabaseServiceInstance'

not found. Additional error information from SQL

Server is included below.

Cannot open database "ProjectServer_Published" requested by the login.

The login failed.

Login failed for user 'domain\FarmAdmin'.

The weird thing is my database is called 'MTL_Project_Published'

So it looks like it's looking for the old project databases.

Has anyone encountered this issue before when installing the service pack 2 of Sharepoint 2007 in their environment?

Thanks,

I have tried all the other solutions posted on the Internet such as running the upgrade via the command prompt, clearing the cache.
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 7:49 PM

Answers

• You said that "ProjectServer_Published" is old db, can you check the web app and see if that DB is still attached to the web app.If its present their remove from the web app. you can check at Central admin>Application? Content DB> and select the web which was using this Content Db before.

hope this will work

thanks

-ws

i am at SharePoint administrator
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:02 AM
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 7:58 PM