Can SharePoint document/list library receive email triggered from workflow? RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a document library A with in-coming email setting enabled. I have another workflow created with task list B, which will trigger emails to library A when task status changes. However, library A can receive email from my outlook, but does not show any email triggered from workflow, I have tested several times, wondering if there's any specific setting I haven't noticed or if the email-enabled library cannot receive emails from SharePoint operations? Does anyone have answer to this? Thanks!
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 7:46 AM

All replies

• You can use either STSADM fix this.

• STSADM Command
    stsadm -o setproperty -pn declarativeworkflowautostartonemailenabled -pv true

This was a known issue with WSS3.0 after SP1, so the fix should sort you out.  Some further links are: -

1. Info on the Property ; http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.administration.spwebservice.declarativeworkflowautostartonemailenabled.aspx
    2. MSDN Blog entry on this issue -http://blogs.msdn.com/b/joerg_sinemus/archive/2010/10/18/declarative-workflow-should-start-automatically-when-an-email-arrives.aspx

Hope that helps

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 8:35 AM
    Answerer
  • Pls allow me to clarify a little bit.

My situation is:

• the document library A will receive any in-coming emails
    • the workflow of task list B is set to trigger emails to be sent to document library A when a new task is created

However, after several tests, I cannot see any email triggered from task list B in document library A.

That's why I'm wondering if there's any specific setting I have been missing or or if the email-enabled library cannot receive emails from SharePoint operations.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 1:44 PM
  • You can use either STSADM fix this.

• STSADM Command
      stsadm -o setproperty -pn declarativeworkflowautostartonemailenabled -pv true

This was a known issue with WSS3.0 after SP1, so the fix should sort you out.  

Hope that helps

Pls allow me to clarify a little bit.

My situation is:

• the document library A will receive any in-coming emails
  • the workflow of task list B is set to trigger emails to be sent to document library A when a new task is created

However, after several tests, I cannot see any email triggered from task list B in document library A.

That's why I'm wondering if there's any specific setting I have been missing or or if the email-enabled library cannot receive emails from SharePoint operations.

Friday, December 6, 2013 1:31 AM