none
SharePoint tasks list is not syncing with Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

After creating a project on project web app, and connecting it to a new sharepoint site, I see that the tasks list remains empty on the SharePoint site.

I verified that I am looking at the correct tasks list (from "Connected SharePoint Sites").

I also verified that on "Enterprise project sites" the default is "Sharepoint tasks list" and "Sync SharePoint Tasks Lists" is marked.

Anyone have any idea why the SharePoint tasks list is not syncing with Project Online, and the project Summary remains empty?

Thanks a lot!

Shay

Sunday, February 25, 2018 5:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You have to go to the PWA Server settings, Enterprise Project Types, open the appropriate project type. Then you have to check the option to sync the project site AND sync the task list.

http://psbehindthescene.blogspot.fr/2017/05/new-projects-and-sites-number-limit-ept.html

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by Shaybn Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:46 PM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 3:08 PM
  • Thanks Guillaume for your response!

The tasks list on SharePoint is now synced with Project Web App,

But, for some reason I can't see all the fields, like "assigned to", and other enterprise custom fields on the SharePoint tasks list.

Are you maybe familiar with this problem?

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 5:40 PM
  • Hi,

You just might need to edit the list settings and add those fields to the view.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:46 AM
  • On PWA settings I have only the options below, 

I already checked the "sync SharePoint tasks list" and it didn't solve the problem.

is the user permissions sync needed here? I am not sure why it is disabled.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 11:51 AM
  • Are you referring to the list settings on SharePoint?

I tried adding those fields and it didn't solve the problem. Is there a mapping I should do somewhere?

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 11:53 AM
  • Publish your project plan then you will see the resources
    Monday, February 25, 2019 11:46 AM