none
Rules not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

from Monday i have problem with rules in outlook.

I try delete all rules, i try reinstall Office, i try on 4 other computers.

When i run rules manually it works. But when mail arrive rule not start or not working.

any help ?

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi KONIKPK,

>>i try on 4 other computers.
    You have configured your account on four computers (Outlook) and create the same rules and they all not work automatically, right?

This issue usually indicates a corruption of either the rule or within the mailbox. It could also indicate a corruption in the send/receive settings file (srs-file) of Outlook. Please follow the suggestions below to troubleshot your issue.

1. Reset srs-file: 
      Resetting the send/receive settings can be achieved by renaming the srs-file of your profile to .old. You can find the srs-file for your mail profile in:
      C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook.
    2. Fix corruption:
      Please delete all your rules via File > Manage Rules & Alerts or start Outlook with the /cleanrules switch. And close your Outlook, then If you are using a PST file, try repairing the data file; And if you are using an .OST file as your default data file, try recreating(Delete) the .OST file. Restart your Outlook and see if there is any difference.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:12 AM
  • Rules are on server of course so i don't need to configure nothing.

i try delete srs but not working 

don't using pst 

outlook /celanrules 

still rule not working

Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:49 AM
  • OK my account was set to Send undeliverable journal reports .

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2829319/transport-and-mailbox-rules-in-exchange-online-or-in-on-premises-excha

after remove all is OK.

Friday, July 19, 2019 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

I am researching your question and receiving your reply at the same time

I'm glad to see you have fixed your problem and thanks for your sharing:)

By the way, do you mind helping mark your post above as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? I think there should be a lot of people who have the same problem with you.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 19, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Hi KONIKPK,

do you mind helping mark your post above as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? I think there should be a lot of people who have the same problem with you.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, July 22, 2019 9:21 AM