Install Reason4 on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• HELP HELP HELP! HW DO I INSTALL REASON 4 ON WINDOWS 7! PLEASE! HELP LOL. SOS!!!
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 5:15 AM

Answers

• Hello Customer,

First you might go to the following information on the Windows 7 Compatibility center; it seems that Microsoft is working with the software publisher to confirm this product’s compatibility.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Reason&v=PROPELLERHEAD%20SOFTWARE&uid=4&pf=0&pi=0&s=Reason%204&os=32-bit

According to your current situation, I'd suggest you running it in Compatibility mode. Right -click on the executable file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try run the game via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP in Compatibility mode for testing.

If you had Windows 7 Ultimate, Professional or Enterprise version installed on the computer, you might download and install Windows 7 XP mode to run the software; for more information, please directly refer to the hyperlink below.

Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC Home

Good luck

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:55 AM
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hello Customer,

First you might go to the following information on the Windows 7 Compatibility center; it seems that Microsoft is working with the software publisher to confirm this product’s compatibility.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Reason&v=PROPELLERHEAD%20SOFTWARE&uid=4&pf=0&pi=0&s=Reason%204&os=32-bit

According to your current situation, I'd suggest you running it in Compatibility mode. Right -click on the executable file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try run the game via Run as administrator. In addition, you can use the Windows XP in Compatibility mode for testing.

If you had Windows 7 Ultimate, Professional or Enterprise version installed on the computer, you might download and install Windows 7 XP mode to run the software; for more information, please directly refer to the hyperlink below.

Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC Home

Good luck

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:55 AM
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 9:40 AM
  • Thank U sooo muchhh :) i got it to worrrkkkk!!
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 6:12 PM
  • You have to download Reason 4.0.1
    You may have to re-authorize Reason with the original CD.
    See "Propellerhead Compatibility Issues" on their website. It will say teh same. 

For any compatibility google " Windows Compatibility Center". Type in the manufacturer and  it will tell you.
    Although for Reason WCC it only says that they are working on it, Propellerhead's website already says it is compatible but only with the version 4.0.1 and you must Re-Authorize Reason with the original CD.
    If you have a fake or broken/ unlocked version of Reason, you are out of luck.

Let me know if it works.  I am also looking into upgrading to WIN 7. But Digidesign (makers of Pro Tools) has not said if it is compatible yet.
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:54 PM