none
FIM Icons Missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed FIM 2010 R2, configured the time zone in the portal. My sync service and FIM service install went OK - the FIM architecture is spread over multiple databases.

I then went through the FIM post installation tasks of pre allocating space in the fim service and fim sync DBs as noted below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh322875(v=ws.10).aspx

I now have a lot of pages in my FIM portal which do not show with the correct images (not all, but most) Navigation works OK and I'm not seeing error messages, just a lot of missing icons.

Any advise on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Sameera,

I've tried the URL redirect using a default.aspx file, but no luck so far - I'm using FIM 2010 R2, IIS 7.5 and SharePoint Foundation 2010.

Luckily the URL links and images have been restored by simply disabling the HTTP Redirection (had nothing to do with pre initializing the DBs - phew!)

• Marked as answer by EuroTechie2013 Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:33 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 5:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you rightmouseclick->properties the icons and see where the url's for those imagelinks points to? Do you have a testsystem availlable where you can compare those and eventual check the contents of the FIM Portal website folder if those images are there?

Robin

Find me on linkedin: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/tranet

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:25 PM
  • Thanks Robin,

Just been having a look at this and I've made a fatal mistake of making several changes at once:
    I tried implementing URL redirect by the following:
    1. Create a default.aspx in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80
    2. edit with the contents below.

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>
    <script runat="server">
    protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    {
      base.OnLoad(e);
      Response.Redirect("~/IdentityManagement/default.aspx");
    }
    </script>

3. Run iisreset 
    DIDNn't work
    I then changed the SharePoint - 80 default document order so that "default.aspx" is at the top, that still doesn't work, I then deleted the default document I created and reverted the default document back to inherit from parent.
    Using a different redirect method (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1290.how-to-use-iis-7-http-redirects-to-bypass-the-fim-landing-page.aspx) Works fine on Windows Server 2008 R2 servers, but not Windows 7 clients (I can see a yello Javascript !) in the bottom corner.
    Removing the redirection alltogether did the trick.
    however now I need to work out how to get fimportal to redirect to /indentitymanagement/default.aspx without any errors and display properly!

I suspect the errors have been caused by the URL redirect and not the database change, but I'm not sure.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 2:27 PM
  • The first method you tried (default.aspx file) is the correct method. IIS redirection doesn't work with FIM 2010 R2. Create the default.aspx file again and check the following. 

1) Make sure that default.aspx is listed under default documents in IIS. (IIS> FIM Portal site > Default Documents). This should be there by default.

2) Make sure the file you created is not default.aspx.txt. Sometimes if you use notepad to create this file it saves it as a txt. 

What version of sharepoint foundation are you using?

Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:20 AM
  • Hi Sameera,

I've tried the URL redirect using a default.aspx file, but no luck so far - I'm using FIM 2010 R2, IIS 7.5 and SharePoint Foundation 2010.

Luckily the URL links and images have been restored by simply disabling the HTTP Redirection (had nothing to do with pre initializing the DBs - phew!)

• Marked as answer by EuroTechie2013 Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:33 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 5:03 PM