none
Unable to remove tasks from timesheets RRS feed

• Question

• I have timesheets not tasks.
    I have a lot of rows when i open the timesheets.
    They are tasks.
    I want to delete certain tasks.
    I am able to delete only one or two tasks.
    I am not able to delete other tasks.
    Both the types of the tasks have remaining work.
    Please suggest.
    The issue is Remove Tasks Button goes grey.I have tried to recall the timesheet and then delete but it still does not work.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:01 PM

Answers

• The "Closed to Update" is different than %Complete or Remaining Work.  It is set for individual tasks by a schedule owner or system administrator.  The task may be completed or not, but if it is set for "Closed to Updates" then in the individual timesheet the user cannot change or submit anything for that task.

The "Closed for Updates" function is easiest found in PWA, Project Center, select the schedule, click the "Close Tasks to Updates" ribbon icon.

Alan

• Marked as answer by MSP-Learner Sunday, June 16, 2013 1:01 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:09 PM

All replies

• Ankit:  Check with the schedule owner to see if the tasks that have the Remove Tasks button greyed out are not "Closed to Update".

Alan

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:58 PM
  • How do we check it..
    I have checked for completed and non-completed tasks both the issue is occurring for all of them..
    • Edited by MSP-Learner Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:31 AM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:49 AM
  • The "Closed to Update" is different than %Complete or Remaining Work.  It is set for individual tasks by a schedule owner or system administrator.  The task may be completed or not, but if it is set for "Closed to Updates" then in the individual timesheet the user cannot change or submit anything for that task.

The "Closed for Updates" function is easiest found in PWA, Project Center, select the schedule, click the "Close Tasks to Updates" ribbon icon.

Alan

• Marked as answer by MSP-Learner Sunday, June 16, 2013 1:01 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:09 PM
  • Thank you.
    Sunday, June 16, 2013 1:01 PM