none
DPM 2012 SP1 EVAL version? RRS feed

• Question

• Morning,

Recently I've upgraded to SP1 and now my DPM servers are showing up as eval versions.  I've done some research and cannot find this issue anywhere.

Is there a way to get the License key in 2012 SP1 or am I going to have to rebuild this DPM database?

I know in SCOM you can add the key via PowerShell... can DPM 2012 SP1 do this yet?

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 12:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It sounds like you installed SCDPM 2012 Sp1 using the Evaluation version.  You will need to install non-evaluation bits by doing in-place upgrade.

You should download DPM 2012 with SP1 from one of the following sources, MVLS Portal, SA license, Technet subscription, MSDN, etc. <o:p></o:p>

MSDN link - review MSDN license agreement.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/subscriptions/securedownloads/hh442898

If you have a license agreement you should be able to find it on https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:21 PM
  • I am getting the following error when I try to upgrade.

This is a download directly from Microsoft this is not being used from a disk.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:25 PM
  • Mike, 

Any ideas on this? Possibly just a bad download?

Friday, April 26, 2013 8:38 PM
  • Hi,

It would appear so, especially if you cannot install from that package on any Server.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, April 26, 2013 8:42 PM
  • Getting same error:  Any work on a fix for this?
    Monday, April 29, 2013 10:21 PM
  • As a workaround, backup the EVAL DPMDB, install DPM 2012 Sp1 RTM fresh, then restore DPM 2012 EVAL database.

Monday, April 29, 2013 11:07 PM
  • As a workaround, backup the EVAL DPMDB, install DPM 2012 Sp1 RTM fresh, then restore DPM 2012 EVAL database.

Mike... not really looking to uninstall DPM. There is no other way around this?
    Monday, May 6, 2013 11:41 PM
  • Hi,

It appears to be a DPM 2012 SP1 RTM code defect, and nobody has called support for us to investigate, so that is only option I can come with.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 12:10 AM
  • So in order to get a product fixed we paid for, we need to pay support to look at the defect, even though the DPM team is aware of this defect? 
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:52 AM
  • Hi,

Code defects in released products usually only get fixed if there is A) A support incident is opened by customer(s)  B) There is a strong business justification from the customer(s) reporting it.  Exceptions would be security and potential data loss code defects which are handled differently.    

Since there is an easy workaround for this issue and assuming it is a code defect, the fix would most likely not meet the "Business justification" bar for a fix to the setup code.   Customers are not charged for support incidents if the issue turns out to be a code defect. 

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 3:56 PM