Client Activity - inactive in SCCM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

Most of the clients became inactive in the device collection - SCCM 2012 .. What could be the reason and how to fix the issue. 

Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:11 PM

Answers

• The issue has been resolved, i have analysed the ClientIdstartupmanager.log.  it throws the error like Server rejected registration request. 

renewed the root CA certificate at CAS site to resolve the issue. 

I have followed the below and renewed the root certificate. 

In the SCCM Console -> Administration -> Site Configuration -> Sites. Right click on your site(s) and edit the properties. In the Client Computer Communication tab if you have "Use PKI client certificate (client authentication capability) when available" selected then you can modify the client certificate selection criteria.

• Marked as answer by S.SK Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:10 PM
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:10 PM

All replies

• A client can be marked as inactive if it fails to update SCCM due to issues such as loss of connection, restrictive firewall settings, and client corruption.

Managing inactive clients in SCCM 2012

http://madhan2010sccm.blogspot.sg/2013/11/managing-inactive-clients-in-sccm-2012.html

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 15, 2017 3:08 AM

• The issue has been resolved, i have analysed the ClientIdstartupmanager.log.  it throws the error like Server rejected registration request. 

renewed the root CA certificate at CAS site to resolve the issue. 

I have followed the below and renewed the root certificate. 

In the SCCM Console -> Administration -> Site Configuration -> Sites. Right click on your site(s) and edit the properties. In the Client Computer Communication tab if you have "Use PKI client certificate (client authentication capability) when available" selected then you can modify the client certificate selection criteria.

• Marked as answer by S.SK Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:10 PM
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:10 PM