Windows 7 Corrupted after installing new keyboard RRS feed

• Question

• Installed a new keyboard on my Dell 1525 Inspiron computer. Good news the new keyboard works perfectly, bad news, Windows 7 will not launch. I have run the diagnostics and it all says it is fine. I have run the recovery mode and auto repair, and it comes up and says a recent hardware installation should be removed and try again. So I removed the new keyboard and reinstalled the old keyboard, but did not fix it. Try going back to a previous backup and it did not fix it either. Now what? Should I reinstall Windows 7? I don't have a recovery disc or the original disc since I upgraded from XP to W7 by downloading it.  I hate spending $90 dollars on new software as old as the computer is, but it still works really well, which is why I bought the keyboard. Help!!!!!
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 2:34 PM

Answers

• Hi BeckyLaWR,

Is the keyboard a USB device ? Have you tried to choose the "Last known good configurations" option to have a check ? Does machine boot well without the new keyboard ?Can we boot into safe mode ?

There is a possibility that the driver installed for the keyboard is corrupted.It is recommended to download the driver from the manufacturer website for the new keyboard.

Best regards

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, March 9, 2015 3:24 AM
    Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:19 AM

All replies

• How far into Windows boot do you get? Where are you seeing these messages saying that a recent hardware change needs to be removed? Are you able to get to a command prompt to run chkdsk and sfc /scannow?
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 2:41 PM
  • Hi BeckyLaWR,

Is the keyboard a USB device ? Have you tried to choose the "Last known good configurations" option to have a check ? Does machine boot well without the new keyboard ?Can we boot into safe mode ?

There is a possibility that the driver installed for the keyboard is corrupted.It is recommended to download the driver from the manufacturer website for the new keyboard.

Best regards

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, March 9, 2015 3:24 AM
    Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:19 AM