Configuring Reboots in a specific cadence RRS feed

• Question

• I am just starting with WSUS, making a change from another product that was not working for the company. I have a server stood up, and have been testing prod and non-prod server patching, and everything seems to be going well. I received a new wrinkle today: Non-Prod machines will go the third Saturday each month, and can reboot whenever. Prod will go the fourth Saturday, and a number of servers need to reboot in a specific cadence, usually about 30 minutes apart. Is there an easy way to let them all get their patches at the same time, but delay reboots on a group for x minutes?
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you can include these computers in different OUs, you can configure the following policies for each OU separately:

• Navigate to "Computer Configuration - Policies - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Windows Update", [Delay restart for scheduled installations] is used to specify the amount of time Automatic Updates will wait before proceeding with a scheduled restart. 

Consider setting different delay times for different OUs.
    Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 4:41 AM
  • Thanks, I will try this.
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 1:07 PM