xSNMP MP Traps Properties not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I`m using the xSNMP MP from http://xsnmp.codeplex.com/  for Cisco, all works ok including the Traps that arive from Configuration Changed.
    The problem is when I`m trying to enable other Trap Monitoring For example ( xSNMP Cisco Device Chassis Fan Notification;xSNMP Cisco Device Chassis Poer Supply Notification;xSNMP Cisco Device Chassis Temperature Notification; xSNMP Cisco Device Chassis Voltage Notification and xSNMP Network Interface Status ( SNMP Trap) ) . I recive an error when I try to go to Properties:

Application: System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2
    Application Version: 6.1.7221.61
    Severity: Error
    Message:System.FormatException: Invalid character in a Base-64 string.
    at System.Convert.FromBase64String(String s)
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Pages.SnmpTrapProviderPage.LoadConfig()
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Pages.SnmpTrapProviderPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.PageWrapper.LoadPageConfig()
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.PageWrapper.OnPageAdded()
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.SheetFramework.AddPage(Page page)
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.PageManagerBase.AttachToFramework(IPageFramework pageFramework, Boolean readOnly)
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.MomExtensionsCommon.AddMonitorPages(LaunchMonitorUICommandData launchData, Form form)
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.MomExtensionsCommon.RunPrivate(Object[] userData)
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Internal.UI.Authoring.Extensibility.MomExtensionsCommon.Run(Object[] userData)

Any hints?
    Thank you in advanced

Monday, May 30, 2011 3:14 PM

Answers

• Yes.. why not.. (good luck with the spring cleaning on the forum)

From then.. the Cisco switches most of them were changed :) and 2012 will be out and no trips and tricks will be needed any more.

So I think solution: Wait for SCOM 2012 and impelment it, it shoud be easyer then to fix this error.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:32 AM

All replies

• Hi, I am not sure where this base64 error is coming from. somebody else seemd to have this problem too:

http://operatingquadrant.com/2010/01/21/xsnmp-management-packs-beta-version-1-0-8-release/  near the bottom of the screen.

Have also sent an email to Kris to see if he is available to answer. Perhaps somebody else has a suggestion in the meantime.

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog)
    Monday, May 30, 2011 6:06 PM
  • I have seen that post also ;) check the last comment is mine..
    I thought that it was because the OS was 64-bit (2008 R2), but I have tried on a VM not 64bit ( 2008 OS )and same error.
    Thank you for sending the email.. tied to find his email address but no luck.

Monday, May 30, 2011 6:57 PM
  • *grin* I didnt see that that was you as well. Only that it was some time ago.
    I will wait for Kris to react to my mail (I gave him the thread link as well). or perhaps somebody else will answer in the meantime.
    Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog)
    Monday, May 30, 2011 7:02 PM
  • I got an answer on the codeplex forum at the same question....
    http://xsnmp.codeplex.com/discussions/259430#post625454

Hi Byty,
    you can edit properties for those monitors only using the Authoring Console for SCOM 2007 R2
    The monitors shold be anyway active by default if the  EnvMon-MIB is discovered/supported and present on the device.
    Hope this helps
    P.R.

Thursday, June 9, 2011 5:33 PM
  •  

Hi,

Thank you for your update.

May I know the current status of this issue? Is that suggestion helpful?
    Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:55 AM
  • That is the only answer that I got,.... but do not know if it is the corect one or not because: I do not know how to check this thing!
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:41 AM
  • Hi Adrian, can we close this thread? As it has been silent for such a long time.

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient

Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:54 AM
  • Yes.. why not.. (good luck with the spring cleaning on the forum)

From then.. the Cisco switches most of them were changed :) and 2012 will be out and no trips and tricks will be needed any more.

So I think solution: Wait for SCOM 2012 and impelment it, it shoud be easyer then to fix this error.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:32 AM
  • You are right about the spring cleaning, also by request of somebody else by the way.
    And yes I think SCOM 2012 is a way to go and you will move around those things. You can test with for instance the release candidate to see how far that version takes you for monitoring one or two network devices you are interested in.

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:13 AM