My WSUS during error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I Installed WSUS on Server 2008-R2 four months ago and service worked perfectly.

This morning I saw that WSUS was not downloading the updates and I saw event on Application Log

"Content file download failed. Reason: The server does not support the necessary HTTP protocol. Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) requires that the server support the Range protocol header."

I tried to solve the issue with doing the steps below but I didnt succeed.

Please help me for this situation. Thank in advance.

1. I Uninstalled and Installed again WSUS and all sql services.

2. Uninstalled Kaspersky completely.

3. I checked firewall if there is any blocked port

4. I stopped wsus service and used this command ; "%programfiles%\Update Services\Setup\ExecuteSQL.exe -S %Computername% -d "SUSDB" -Q "update tbConfigurationC set BitsDownloadPriorityForeground=1"" And started wsus again.

Here is the error on application log:

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        Windows Server Update Services
    Date:          4/1/2017 10:39:46 AM
    Event ID:      364
    Task Category: 2
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      computername.doamin.

Description:
    Content file download failed. Reason: The server does not support the necessary HTTP protocol. Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) requires that the server support the Range protocol header.
     Source File: /msdownload/update/software/defu/2010/08/mpas-fe_bd_f2fdb817b03859af1c25649388af39eb7779e3c0.exe Destination File: c:\WSUS\WsusContent\C0\F2FDB817B03859AF1C25649388AF39EB7779E3C0.exe.

Saturday, April 1, 2017 1:48 PM

Answers

All replies