none
Active Directory MA issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have two Active directory Management Agents in two different FIM Synchronization servers with similar configuration.

Few AD records remain as placeholder in the connector space of the one of the Management Agents but not in the other(records are activated and contains the complete distinguished name)

Not able to find out the root cause of the issue.

Note:

1) Full Import/Full Synch is not an option as of now
    2) AD Containers are verified in both the MA configurations and both have same containers selected.

Any help is appreciated. Please.Please advise.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 6:24 AM

All replies

• What do these placeholders represents? Groups? Accounts? OUs?

are you totally sure that both MAs have the same containers selected and the same object types selected?

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:44 AM
  • Hello,

It's not clear in your description but I'm assuming both FIM Sync servers are pointing to the same AD and you're expecting that the AD connector spaces in both FIM Sync instances should be matching. 

While a Full Import/Full Sync might not be an option, I would recommend at least doing a Full Import to align your connector space to what's in your target AD.  Until you do that Full Import, you're possible not looking at the real story.

Are the FIM Sync servers connecting to different DCs?  You can check the connection tab in the MA configuration to see the last DC that each connector communicated with.  If they are in different sites, perhaps you're dealing with a DC replication issue.

Food for thought,

Marc

Marc Mac Donell, VP Identity and Access Solutions, Avaleris Inc.
    http://www.avaleris.com

Thursday, December 10, 2015 12:29 PM
  • Placeholder represents user accounts.Yes the configuration in containers are same.
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 2:59 PM
  • Your understanding is correct..They are connecting to different DCs but we have connected to both the DCs and can find the same DN.

We have other users flown to Metaverse from the same container.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:02 PM