none
Remaining Work with time phased data in reports RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get Actual, Baseline and remaining work into one visual report broken down by month (or week). I am able to get the three fields but they are coming as totals for the project and cannot seem to get them broken down by month. I want to see for each tasks the actual hrs, baseline hrs and remaining hrs for each month over the period of the project. Any advice?

Thanks

Friday, September 23, 2011 3:01 PM

Answers

• Actually, I was going in a totally different direction.  I was thinking of using the excel reports in the BI center.  However if you are using a stand alone version of project  then it won't apply.
    Friday, September 23, 2011 4:07 PM

All replies

• Why not use an excel based report using  OLAP assignement time phased cube?  YOu will be able to give totals / sub totals for work by resource / task and or project on a time phased basis.
    Friday, September 23, 2011 3:22 PM
  • Bikerjohn1 - Perhaps I am missing some steps in doing what you suggested. I went to visual reports and hit 'Save Data' and selected 'Assignment Summary' and in the field picker i can see the fields I need and selected excel and saved the cube to a folder. Then I selected Earned value over time report template and hit view and it opened up excel with that template. Then I went to change data source and selected the cube file I saved before and linked the excel file to the cube. After it was linked in the pivot table field list I no longer see the time selection option but i have all the other fields I need. I am not sure where or what I did wrong.

Thanks

Friday, September 23, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Actually, I was going in a totally different direction.  I was thinking of using the excel reports in the BI center.  However if you are using a stand alone version of project  then it won't apply.
    Friday, September 23, 2011 4:07 PM