locked
Strange issue with an application deployment RRS feed

  • Question

  • Dear all,

    Since a few days, I am facing a strange issue, and I do not manage to find a solution.

    Indeed, I am not able to deploy a certain application to clients belonging to a specific site (RUN).

    That means I am able to deploy this application to clients belonging to some other sites, and I am able to deploy other applications to the clients belonging to this site (RUN).

    This site has no distribution point within its subnet. The distribution point for this site is the primary site server.

    Everything is properly configured at the boundaries level.

    In the clients logfile "locationservice.log", I can see that the information about the DP appears correctly.

    However, when I tried to deploy this application to the computers within this site, I first got an error "Failed to locate content - 0x800705B4" in the Deployment Status for every clients.

    Therefore I reviewed my boundaries settings, and also checked if the application was properly deployed on the DP.

    Although everything was fine, I updated my distribution points.

    It changed nothing.

    2 days later, in the Deployment Status, all the computers magically moved from "Error" to "In progress".

    2 computers have even succeeded in installing the application!

    However, all other clients are now stuck in progress : "Waiting for content" or "Content Downloaded" status.

    They still do not install the application.

    Here are some relevant logs from one of the clients which are facing the issue :

    AppDiscovery.log

    Entering ExecQueryAsync for query "select * from CCM_AppDeliveryType where (AppDeliveryTypeId = "ScopeId_14447F1F-ECAE-438F-86C6-F09D8A9A518A/DeploymentType_e1c1303b-8427-40e3-b39b-1cd5bfd018c0" AND Revision = 3)"

    Performing detection of app deployment type TeamCenter Base 8.3.207(ScopeId_14447F1F-ECAE-438F-86C6-F09D8A9A518A/DeploymentType_e1c1303b-8427-40e3-b39b-1cd5bfd018c0, revision 3) for system.

    +++ Application not discovered. [AppDT Id: ScopeId_14447F1F-ECAE-438F-86C6-F09D8A9A518A/DeploymentType_e1c1303b-8427-40e3-b39b-1cd5bfd018c0, Revision: 3]

    +++ Did not detect app deployment type TeamCenter Base 8.3.207(ScopeId_14447F1F-ECAE-438F-86C6-F09D8A9A518A/DeploymentType_e1c1303b-8427-40e3-b39b-1cd5bfd018c0, revision 3) for system.

     ActionType - Install will use Content Id: Content_8994a182-b0ee-467f-97a7-224cebbf4ee1 + Content Version: 1 for AppDT "TeamCenter Base 8.3.207" [ScopeId_14447F1F-ECAE-438F-86C6-F09D8A9A518A/DeploymentType_e1c1303b-8427-40e3-b39b-1cd5bfd018c0], Revision - 3

    AppIntentEval.log

    ScopeId_14447F1F-ECAE-438F-86C6-F09D8A9A518A/DeploymentType_e1c1303b-8427-40e3-b39b-1cd5bfd018c0/3 :- Current State = NotInstalled, Applicability = Applicable, ResolvedState = Installed, ConfigureState = NotNeeded, Title = TeamCenter Base 8.3.207

    ScopeId_14447F1F-ECAE-438F-86C6-F09D8A9A518A/Application_6ceeac0e-7d88-4566-9af7-aa188a3322d2/4 :- Current State = NotInstalled, Applicability = Applicable, ResolvedState = Installed, ConfigureState = NotNeeded, Title = TeamCenter

    ScopeId_14447F1F-ECAE-438F-86C6-F09D8A9A518A/RequiredApplication_6ceeac0e-7d88-4566-9af7-aa188a3322d2/4 :- Current State = NonCompliant, Applicability = Applicable, ResolvedState = Compliant, ConfigureState = NotNeeded, Title = ApplicationIntentPolicy


    AppEnforce.log

    There is strangely nothing which is dealing with the application (TeamCenter) within this log. 

    It seems that the Appdiscovery.log is flagging the application for installation, but nothing happens afterwards.

    If, by any chanche, you have some idea about what can be the cause of this issue, I would be really grateful.

    Kind regards,

    SedoKun

    Thursday, July 3, 2014 2:56 PM

All replies