Why Skype for Business for Office365 cannot share Movies & TV app? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

my organisation is using Skype for Business for Office365. But why I am unable to share an opened video in Movies & TV app via Share Windows feature?

I can only use Movies & TV is to play a 360 degrees video, Windows Media Player cannot.

Appreciate your help. Thanks!

Thursday, April 9, 2020 4:28 AM

Answers

• Thanks Jimmy for checking. I will mark as answered as it seems like there is no other ways to do it. I had voted as advised.

To anyone who read this post and have found a workaround, please do reply my post. Thanks all!!

• Marked as answer by Stephen_Tan Thursday, April 16, 2020 7:09 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2020 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Stephen_Tan!

I also did a test in my environment and the result is the same as yours. I cannot find my opened video in Movies& TV app via share a windows. I also did the same test in my colleague's environment and it is same. The result like the following picture:

As far as I know, Program sharing isn’t available for the applications below, but you can use desktop sharing instead:

• Skype for Business
    • Skype for Business Recording Manager
    • File Explorer
    • Sticky Notes
    • Universal Windows Platform (UWP) applications
    • Windows Sidebar

Also, you cannot a present a program that has user privileges higher than the privileges for Skype for Business, such as the Command Prompt.

It recommends you try to insert a video in a PowerPoint slide and then upload the PowerPoint to the meeting. For more details, you can refer to:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/office/play-a-video-in-a-skype-for-business-meeting-1bb30e51-d8f9-4ef6-b018-b170439e7488

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com
    Thursday, April 9, 2020 9:20 AM
  • Hi Jimmy, Thanks you for your time to read, verify and propose an alternative. Your methods can work for video embedded in PowerPoint, even if it is a 360 video. But using this method will not allow an user to view the video in 360 degrees all round. So it has to be viewed using Movies & TV for such 360 video. I’m still searching internet for other free app, tried two of them but somehow still cannot utilise the 360 function.
    Friday, April 10, 2020 7:01 AM
  • Hi Stephen_Tan!

Have you found any alternative tools for playing 360 degrees videos?

Skype for Business client cannot present 360 degrees videos directly. If you need this feature, we recommend you vote for it (Link: https://www.skypefeedback.com/forums/299913-generally-available/suggestions/14185392-360-degrees-video-field-of-view) in Skype for Business UserVoice. Your kindly response will improve user experience with our product.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 7:19 AM
  • Thanks Jimmy for checking. I will mark as answered as it seems like there is no other ways to do it. I had voted as advised.

To anyone who read this post and have found a workaround, please do reply my post. Thanks all!!

• Marked as answer by Stephen_Tan Thursday, April 16, 2020 7:09 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2020 7:09 AM